Just thought I would make a thread about some of the sites I use everyday that might be of interest to others:
For finding your next flying job:
- In my opinion, this is the number one site for finding a flying job. It requires a paid membership, but it updates to-the-minute and there's usually about 40-60 new jobs posted per day. Even with a great job now, I still check in on it regularly to keep my finger on the pulse of what's going on with hiring minimums and pay cycles.
- this is another one I like, and it's free. Pretty good selection of jobs here. I once found and secured a job as a fishspotter through this site. Theres a cool job on there now that I saw there the same time last year flying a Helio Courier STOL camera plane for the NFL.
A "One-Stop" for your questions about who's hiring and what are the minimums:
- Killer up-to-the-minute site that lists ALL of the regional, major, legacy and fractional carriers, their pay scales and the hiring mins. Also a very thorough user forum like this one.
For filing IFR without talking to an FSS:
- The only way to love this site is to go use it. Click on "Interactive Overlays" and make sure you're sitting down. I can file 10 IFR flight plans and print off a standard weather briefing less than 15 seconds with this site.
One-stop weather needs:
- but everyone knows that one already anyways.
I'm definitely interested in any sites you guys recommend and use.